Delitzsch - City of Towers
This advertising sign on the A14 announces Delitzsch to the public.
The new sign shows from left to right:
- The Halle Tower,
- The castle tower,
- The Town Church,
- The Wide Tower.
But Delitzsch is not only the "city of towers", but has many more sights to offer. A few of those sights are highlighted below.
For more information ask for our records.
The Baroque Castle
from the 14th century with the registry office and the museum, in which the life of the dowager duchesses of Saxe-Merseburg in the 17th and 18th centuries is portrayed. Special exhibitions are constantly on show.
1.4 km long by Delitzsch, with 2 gate towers: the Wide tower and the Halle tower;
Built in 1396, it is part of the medieval fortifications. With a height of 46 meters, it is the second tallest building in the city. Between 1504-1890 it was the main office of a watchman.
Town Church - Peter and Paul
A late-Gothic, three-nave church with 2 towers was first mentioned in 1325 and was completed in 1494 after 100 years of construction. A Gothic main altar with oil paintings, wall paintings inside the church and a group of statues on the outside, are worth a visit.
Built as a vault construction between 1474-1497 in the Gothic period. A magnificent late-classical façade was later added.
Kreuzgasse, memorial for Schulze-Delitzsch, the founder of the cooperative system, today's People's Banks; > more <
Schulgasse, birthplace of lawyer Schulze, after the turn of the DDR-government the house was faithfully reconstructed by the Bausparkasse Schwäbisch Hall;